2. The powers and duties of officers and employees
In terms of the powers delegated under the Articles of Association of the Company, the Board of Directors has delegated powers to the Chairman of the Company for the management of the Company. The Chairman has further sub-delegated powers to Managing Director, Durgapur Steel Plant, who in turn, has delegated powers to the Executive Directors and the General Managers of Durgapur Steel Plant for smooth execution of work. Being confidential in nature, the Delegation of Powers to MD, DSP and the financial powers of the executives are not being disclosed.
The officers and employees of DSP have to perform the following general functions :
- Long-term strategic planning for DSP.
- Policy formulation at the Plant level, determining action plans for implementation of policies and ensuring their fulfillment.
- Achieving clarity and organizational commitment on objectives, goals and plans of action.
- Developing norms of performance in every functional area and securing commitment to progressively improved norms.
- Ensuring smooth and efficient operations and achievement of optimal performance of existing resources. Ensuring fulfillment of targets and orderly growth of the company. Organizational development to maximize efficiency of the Company.
- Reviewing performance of each zone with respect to targets and suggesting corrective action where necessary.
- Development of a well-motivated workforce and a highly competent managerial cadre in the Company.
- Development of computerized Data Bank and MIS within the organization to assist in problem-identification and problem-solving.
- Projection of corporate image of DSP and SAIL through various local media.
The powers and duties of officers and employees of different areas depend on the activities and outputs of these departments.