ASP is a unit of SAIL, registered under the Company act, 1956. In terms of power delegated to it under the articles of Association of the Company, the Board of Directors has delegated certain powers to the Chairman of the Company for the management of the Company. The Chairman has further sub-delegated some of his powers to the Chief Executive / Executive Director of ASP for smooth running of the unit i.e. ASP.
In ASP the following general functions are performed:
- Long term strategic planning for the Company.
- Policy formulation as per guidelines received from the Corporate Office of SAIL.
- Developing norms of performance in every functional area.
- Ensuring smoother and efficient operations and achievement of optional performance of existing resources, ensuring fulfilling of targets and orderly growth of the Company.
- Co-ordination with all external agencies, Central and State Governments, Ministries, Railways, Suppliers etc. in order to improve overall company operations.
- Development of well-motivated workforce and a highly competent managerial cadre in the company.
- Control/Review of all other general functions viz. Personnel, Welfare, Finance, Projects, Administration and other service agencies.