Particulars Of Organisation, Functions And DutiesChandrapur Ferro Alloy Plant (CFP), is a Unit of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) and is subjected to the control of Ministry of Steel, Government of India. The Plant is located at Chandrapur in the state of Maharashtra. Executive Director appointed by SAIL is the CEO of the organization and is stationed at Chandrapur. He is assisted by the Head of Departments of Works, Projects, Finance, Personnel & Administration, Materials Management, Marketing, Vigilance, Law, Internal Audit and Public Relations. The Production facilities in the Plant consist of three Submerged Arc Furnaces (annual production capacity - 1,90,000 tonnes of Ferro Manganese) for production of Manganese based ferro alloys; one Electric Arc Furnace for production of medium carbon Ferro Manganese (annual production capacity - 2,500 tonnes); one Power Plant of 4.2 MW capacity; two Sinter Plants (annual production capacity - 30,000 tonnes). Other Service Departments include Raw Material Yard, finished Product Handling Yard, Maintenance Departments, Laboratory Dept, Safety Engineering Dept, Material Management & MarketingDept, Personnel & Administration Dept, Finance & Accounts Dept etc. The main functions of CFP are:
- Production and supply of High Carbon Ferro Manganese, Medium / low Carbon Ferro Manganese and Silico Manganese to the integrated steel plants of SAIL and sale of undersize products to private sector.
- To help SAIL plants in formulating policies with respect to procurement of ferro alloys, a major raw material, for their steel plants.
- To help SAIL in conducting R&D activities with respect to ferro alloys and developing new grades of ferro alloys
- To ensure uninterrupted supply of ferro alloys to SAIL plants.
- To procure required quantity of Manganese ore from different sources including own mines.