The powers and duties of officers and employees
INTRODUCTIONExecutive Director, CFP is the Chief Executive of Chandrapur Ferro Alloy Plant and stationed at Chandrapur.The executives in different departments/sections have to work according to the powers delegated to them as per the Delegation of Powers and perform the following general functions – - Achieve clarity and organizational objectives on goals and as per the plans of action.
- Develop norms of performance in every functional area and secure commitment for improved norms.
- Ensure smooth and efficient operation and achieve optimal performance of different departments.
- To take capital investment decisions within the powers of ED.
- Co-ordinate with all external agencies i.e. Central & State Govt. offices, in order to improve overall operations of the Plant.
- Project of image of the Plant through various media to the public in general.
- To manage the resources to the maximum potential and generate budgeted profit.
The functions of the different departments are detailed in the subsequent pages.
Finance & Accounts:
- Control of Cost
- Financial Accounting : Taxation & Audit / Others
- Financial concurrence
- Expenditure monitoring
- Quarterly / Annual Accounts
- Compliance of various rules, regulations and Acts relating to direct & indirect taxes, etc.
Works & Projects:
- Achieve ABP targets of (a) Maintenance of equipment and machinery in good health (b) Production of Ferro Alloys and (c) Specific Consumption norms and productivity.
- Industrial Safety, Fire Services and Pollution Control.
- Despatch of ferro alloys to SAIL Steel Plants and other consumers in open market.
Personnel & Administration:
- Industrial relations
- Human Resource Development
- Manpower Planning & Recruitment.
- Training and Development
- Health Services
- Establishment matters
- Security Services
- Rajbhasha / Hindi Section
- Hospitality and Horticulture
- Compensation Schemes.
- Land & Estate
- General Administration & Services
- Liaison service.
- Plan and execute various Schemes under CSR.
Materials Management & Contracts:
- Procure right quality and quantity of materials and services in time.
- Make all out efforts to procure materials/services at competitive prices.
- Maintain Minimum stock levels as per norms fixed and improve from time to time.
- Maintain all weighing equipment/Machinery.
- Provide and maintain different contracts and agreements for services throughout the year at minimum cost and best service to the organization.
- Vendor development.
- Prepare, monitor and implement Corporate plan for the organization.
- Conceive, plan and implement various projects sanctioned from time to time.
- Evolve and implement Marketing Plan for sale of prime products and by-products of the Plant under Conversion Agreement to SAIL plants and other consumers in open market including export as per ABP.
- Develop and improve customer base on regular basis.
- Study market and regularize pricing of products periodically and as & when required.
- Co-ordinate between SAIL Plants & Units, Buyers, Production & Despatch Depts.
- Advise Executive Directors on various issues provided under different statutes and laws.
- Comply with all legal requirements of the Plant.
- Prepare PR Budget and implement
- Take steps for publicity, and effective co-ordination with local, regional and national press and electronic media for maintaining good image of the organization.
- Publication of House Magazines.
- Issue press releases and organize press conferences as and when required.
Internal Audit Dept:
- Conducting, monitoring and reporting various audit observations carried out regularly and periodically.
- Co-ordinate with Statutory Auditors, Govt. and CAG Auditors
- Co-ordinate between different depts. in the organization and Auditors for satisfying various audit queries, preparation of suitable replies.
- Submission of Internal Audit Observations periodically to the Management