SAIL Consultancy Division, ‘SAILCON’ is an ISO : 9001:2008 certified quality organization and the single window consultancy division of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL). SAILCON provides customized solutions in the fields of engineering, technology and management to clients globally. SAILCON offers state-of-the-art consulting, technical & operational assistance and training & management services backed by over 15000 experts in various disciplines, who are regular employees of the company.
‘SAILCON’ has actively undertaken ventures by drawing its strength from the extensive and varied expertise embedded in SAIL plants and units in the iron and steel making and allied areas and served its esteemed customers as per their requirements. Technical and Management Training services are its forte and these services have been availed of by several organizations in private and public sector within India and abroad.
‘SAILCON’ has executed assignments within India and abroad covering countries like Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Qatar, Thailand, Nepal, Philippines etc.
‘SAILCON’ has a unique track record of providing consultancy for smaller and bigger steel manufacturing units as well as industries which are closely connected to such activities. Besides offering technological know-how. SAILCON also offers a wide range of training programmes including those involving development of skill and expertise in the related fields. Apart from training in the technical areas. SAILCON also provides training related to HR, Implementation of Quality Management System and various Management Development Programmes.
‘SAILCON’ provides the following services to the customers as per their requirements by pooling the required skill from different SAIL plants and units.
Design and Engineering Services
With a large pool of qualified and experienced Technologists and Engineers at its command, SAILCON provides cost effective and time tested solutions in the field of Design & Engineering Services for the Iron and Steel industry.
SAIL has assimilated and implemented many state-of-the-art technologies with some of the leading global players like Paul Wurth, Luxembourg; erstwhile Hoogovens, Netherlands; Rautaruukki, Finland; GIPROMEZ, Russia; SMS and MDH, Germany; Voest Alpine, Austria; Fosbel International Ltd., UK, etc. SAIL, therefore, has vast experience of working with the leading equipment and technology suppliers of the World in the area of Iron & Steel industry.
The vast experience and wide exposure of SAIL in the field of Design & Engineering gives it the strength to provide the following services to organizations aiming for setting up new plant or modernization/expansion of existing units:
- Feasibility Studies
- Project Proposal for Financial Institutions
- Detailed Project Reports
- Basic Engineering
- Detail Engineering
- Tender Specification Preparation
- Bid Evaluation (Technical & Commercial)
- Approval of drawings
- Designers' supervision during erection, testing & commissioning
- Supervision of performance guarantee tests
- Equipment, Structural & Refractory inspection
Special mention must be made of the expert capability in providing basic and detail engineering for civil and structural works, utilities, instrumentation and automation, materials handling system, pollution control systems, etc.
The biggest asset of SAIL is its large pool of qualified engineers and technologists, capable and forward-looking managers & skilled operating/maintenance personnel in all the areas of steel plant working. Some of the services which SAILCON is rendering to clients across the globe are:
- Technology Upgradation
- Quality and Productivity Improvement
- Environment Management
- Energy Conservation
- Analysis of bottlenecks & constraints
Following services are being provided by SAILCON in the field of Management & HRD:
- Training Needs Assessment
- Training for Operations, Maintenance and Management of Steel Plants
- Setting up training system/facilities
- Appraisal & reward system
- Preparation of personnel & training manuals.
- Training of Trainers
- Management Development Programmes
- Software Development and Systems Design
- Total Quality Management & ISO-9000 Certification
- Corporate Planning
- Marketing and Distribution of Products
Project management Services
With its in-house modern Project Management Departments within its plants and Centre for Engineering & Technology (CET) is the nodal agency for acquisition and lateral transfer of technologies pertaining to iron & steel within the SAIL plants & units. CET has highly qualified and experienced engineers/ technologists, CAD stations, unique data base, mathematical models for major units of steel plant and a large number of technology know-how acquired from globally reputed collaborators. It has a large pool of qualified and experienced Project Engineers, Managers and other technical staff having expertise in the following areas:
- Project planning and monitoring
- Project procurement and inspection
- Project erection and supervision
- Project start-up, testing and commissioning
- Project stabilization
- Project contract administration
The range of project management services available from SAIL, inter-alia, include:
- Technical and Procurement assistance and Contract Engineering including selection of manufacturers/ suppliers/ contractors for plant/ equipment and systems and civil construction, erection and commissioning / issue of tender enquiries and pre-bid conferences.
- Determination of suitable Contract packages.
- Preparation of Invitation to Tender and draft Contract for inviting tenders for turn-key/ non-turn-key packages.
- Participate in Bidders' conferences for furnishing clarifications on technical specifications and tender documents.
- Technical and commercial scrutiny and evaluation of tenders and recommendations thereon.
- Participation in price negotiations.
- Assistance in finalization of Contracts and placement of orders.
- Inspection of equipment, structures, refractories and site fabricated items.
- Checking of completion of construction and erection work as per the terms of the Contract including measurement and certification of work for payments to Contractors.
- Day to day supervision of construction & erection work.
- Monitoring of the progress of the project through PERT networks.
- Assistance during erection, testing & commissioning
- Supervision of performance guarantee tests.
- Submission of Project Completion Report.
- Updating cost estimates of the project from time to time and variance analysis.
Advantages of working with SAIL
SAIL has continuously upgraded its steel plants and thus carried out a large number of additions, modifications, replacements and modernization projects. It has the experience of executing overseas as well as projects within India. The experience and expertise, thus gained empowers SAIL to provide the complete range of project management services starting from the project planning till project commissioning and stabilization.
SAIL Consultancy Division
Scope Minar, 19th Floor, Core -1
Laxmi Nagar District Centre,
Delhi -110092, India
Phone No. : 91-11-22531242, Fax No. :91-11-22464616
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org